Connect with us

Uncategorized

KCET 2021 First Seat Allocation Result Tomorrow; details here

Published

on

KCET 2021 First Seat Allocation Result Tomorrow;  details here

The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) will release the first 2021 allotment result for undergraduate courses tomorrow, November 26. After release, eligible candidates can check the award result on the official website cetonline.karnataka.gov.in after 11 a.m.

Candidates can then make choices from November 27 (4 PM) to November 30 (5:30 PM).

Earlier, KEA had released the KCET result of the mock seat allocation. The UGCET result of the simulated seat assignment has been released to help students know the chances of getting admitted into their preferred university and course.

KCET 2021 took place on August 28, 29 and 30 in two shifts for biology, physics, chemistry and mathematics. The results were announced on September 20.

Important data

  • Publication of seat allocation results (Round I): Nov 26 (11am)
  • Exercise of choices by the candidates who have been allocated a seat in the first round: November 27 (4 PM) to November 30 (5:30 PM)
  • Payment of the contribution and downloading the admission ticket: November 29 (11am) to December 1 (5:30pm)
  • Deadline for reporting to the assigned colleges: December 3 before 5:30 pm.

Here is the direct link to the first allocation scheme.

Karnataka CET Exam is a state level entrance examination organized for granting admissions in Engineering, Pharmacy, Pharma D and other professional courses offered by colleges and institutions in the state.

.

Uncategorized

NYC Holiday Dining Is Back To ‘Normal’, Restaurant Owners Say

Published

on

By

NYC Holiday Dining Is Back To 'Normal', Restaurant Owners Say

Last year, when Daniel Posner went to Manhattan for dinner over the holidays, he had no trouble getting a table as many people continued to avoid public gatherings around the COVID-19 pandemic.

This year, however, the Rye resident is making reservations before heading into town. “Restaurants are overcrowded,” he said. “I go in more often and it is bustling with crowds, both inside and out.”

He is not alone.

Nyack resident Amos Friedland ate occasionally in Manhattan last fall and winter, but only outside, usually “mid-afternoon, freezing cold under stoves.” This year he is back, but this time he eats inside.

Some dishes at Trattoria Dell'Arte, opposite Carnegie Hall in Manhattan.

Nostalgia, dreams, hope: Check out NYC’s Christmas window themes

Holiday dining: 8 New Places to Try in Westchester

“I am especially grateful that New York City has made vaccination mandatory for everyone who eats or works indoors,” he said. “My new favorite is King Restaurant [in the West Village] and I’m super excited that one of my favorite restaurants in the world, Le Coucou, (in SoHo) has finally just reopened.”

The City Winery pop-up near Rockefeller Center was pretty quiet in this December 2020 photo.

What a difference a year makes

Last holiday was a bleak season for many restaurants, with people ordering or staying at home. Because the government mandate for indoor eating and vaccinations is not widely available to the general public, all six of the Fireman Hospitality Group’s locations, including Bond 45 New York, Café Fiorello, Brooklyn Delicatessen, Brooklyn Diner, Redeye Grill and Trattoria Dell’Arte temporarily closed during the 2020 holidays.

NYC's Redeye Grill was one of Fireman Hospitality Group's restaurants that closed over the holiday season of 2020 last year and is now back and "busier than ever," according to founder (and veteran restaurateur) Sheldon

“The season was cold and dark for us and many other New York City businesses,” said Sheldon “Shelly” Fireman, Firestone’s founder and veteran restorer.

However, now that dining options are close to cultural institutions and entertainment venues, including Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall and Broadway, his spots are busier than ever.

“There is life and energy in the streets again,” he said. “New Yorkers and visitors are in town and want to get together with friends and celebrate.”

It helps, he said, that Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall and Broadway are also back in business.

With vaccinations on the rise and all guests dining inside required to show proof of the vaccine, diners have returned to New York City restaurants and other attractions like the Rink at Rockefeller Center.

“The city is back,” agrees Chris Heywood, executive vice president for global communications at NYC & Company, the city’s tourism organization. “People are ready; they’ve been on hold for so long that they’re now giving themselves permission to go out.”

Bernard Collin, Operations Director of Restaurants in the Upper East Side, La Goulue, Orsay

and Bar Italia, attribute the rise to New York’s strict vaccine policies and people wanting to get back to “normal.”

It was fully booked for Thanksgiving over a month ago and is already taking holiday bookings.

Vaccine policies, which require individuals 12 and older to identify and prove they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, has also made many diners feel safer eating indoors in New York. .

Bernard Collin, director of operations for the La Goulue, Orsay and Bar Italia restaurants on the Upper East Side, said New York City's strict vaccine policies and people wanting to return to "normal" has brought people back to his restaurants.

Not to mention, Heywood added, New York City is a food mecca. And the holidays are an iconic time to visit. It also helps that the city has reinvented itself, he said, with a myriad of outdoor dining options. And it also helps that foreign tourists have started to return.

There’s also the fact that restaurants in Manhattan are, well, restaurants in Manhattan.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

The result is hard to digest: Suresh Wangjam. from Bengaluru FC

Published

on

By

The result is hard to digest: Suresh Wangjam.  from Bengaluru FC



ANI |
Updated:
29 Nov. 2021 14:54 IST

Panaji (Goa) [India]November 29 (ANI): Bengaluru FC midfielder Suresh Wangjam expressed disappointment after the 1-1 draw against Kerala Blasters FC in their Indian Super League (ISL) match at GMC Athletic Stadium, in Bambolim, on Sunday.
After dominating the entire game, the Blues finally struck in the 84th minute thanks to a tall ranger from Ashique Kuruniyan, who broke through the goal through Albino Gomes. Four minutes later, Kuruniyan was back on the scoresheet, this time scoring an own goal to deprive his team of a second win in the current season.
“It’s really hard to digest, you know, the players gave everything and luckily we got a goal and in the last minute, conceding the goal, it’s really difficult. But in the end we had a point and that’s good for us. ” And we will go and have a good recovery and be ready for the next match,” said Suresh Wangjam during the post-match interview.

Side-back Harmanjot Khabra stole the show for Kerala Blasters FC as the veteran made key interceptions to keep his team in the game. The hero of the match, however, condoned the missed opportunities to drop two points against the Blues.
“I think we could have done a little better because we had opportunities. If we could have converted them, the result could have been different, but either way, we have to go for positivity,” said Harmanjot Khabra.
Kerala Blasters FC head coach Ivan Vukomanovic expressed his dismay at the goal conceded, but in the end he was happy to take home a point.
“There were certain things that we were practicing over the last period and we wanted to go out today, be compact, be strong in duels and be present in every possible part of the field. So basically on the one hand we weren’t happy because we conceded the goal from a shot that wasn’t even on the goal, but anyway, you know, in football a lot of interesting things can happen. So in the end we’re also happy that we got the point,” said Vukomanovic.
Bengaluru FC will face defending champions Mumbai City FC in their next match, on December 4, at the same venue. On the other hand, the Blasters will face Odisha FC on December 5 at the Tilak Maidan, in Vasco. (ANI)

.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Facebook plans first smartwatch with two cameras next summer

Published

on

By

Facebook plans first smartwatch with two cameras next summer

Facebook is taking a new approach to its first smartwatch, which the company has not confirmed publicly, but is currently planning to debut next summer. The device will have a display with dual cameras that can be detached from the wrist to take photos and videos that can be shared across Facebook’s suite of apps, including Instagram, The roadside has learned.

A camera on the front of the watch screen exists mainly for video calls, while a 1080p autofocus camera on the back can be used for capturing images when detached from the stainless steel frame on the wrist. Facebook is tapping other companies to make accessories for attaching the camera hub to things like backpacks, according to two people familiar with the project, who have both asked for anonymity to speak without Facebook’s permission.

The idea is to encourage owners of the watch to use it in a way that smartphones are now used. It’s part of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s plan to build more consumer devices that bypass Apple and Google, the two dominant mobile phone platform makers that largely control Facebook’s ability to reach people.

The planned device is Facebook’s first attempt at releasing hardware specifically for the wrist, opening up another area of ​​competition with Apple at a time when the two tech giants are already at odds on other fronts. Apple has aggressively positioned itself as a protector of privacy by limiting the kind of data apps like Facebook can collect, while Facebook has been beset by scandals over its handling of user data for years. Those dynamics could put Facebook in an uphill battle to convince people to buy its future Apple Watch competitor, especially as it plans to position the watch as a fitness device with a heart rate monitor as well.

Facebook has partnered with the top wireless carriers in the US to support LTE connectivity in the watch, meaning it doesn’t need to be paired with a phone to work and sell it in their stores, according to the folks in the know. with the case. The watch comes in white, black and gold, with Facebook hoping to sell volume in the low six numbers initially. That’s a tiny slice of the overall smartwatch market — Apple sold 34 million watches last year for comparison, according to Counterpoint Research.

In future versions of the watch, Facebook plans to have it serve as a major input device for its planned augmented reality glasses, which Zuckerberg believes will one day be as ubiquitous as cell phones. The company plans to use technology obtained from CTRL labs, a startup that has demonstrated bracelets that can control a computer through wrist movements.

Facebook aims to release the first version of the watch in the summer of 2022 and is already working on the second and third generations for years to come. Employees recently talked about the price of the device at around $400, but the price is subject to change. While it’s unlikely, Facebook could also scrap the watch altogether, as the device has yet to go into mass production or even get an official name.

Facebook’s track record for making hardware is spotty. The 2013 HTC phone was a spectacular flop, and it has yet to announce any sales for its Oculus VR headsets or Portal home video chat device. In recent interviews, executives have said that sales of the Oculus Quest 2 headset have surpassed all previous Oculus headsets combined.

Facebook’s interest in building a smartwatch dates back at least a few years. It looked at Fitbit’s 2019 acquisition before Google bought the wearable fitness maker. Since then, the social network has spent about $1 billion developing the first version of its watch and hundreds of people have worked on it, according to one of the people in the know.

A Facebook spokesperson declined to comment on this story. The information previously reported that Facebook was building a smartwatch with health and messaging features, but details about the cameras and other details in this story are new.

Using a modified version of Google’s Android operating system, Facebook plans to draw on its suite of apps and third-party partnerships to create compelling experiences for the watch, including a companion app for phones. Even still, Facebook’s wearable wrist resonating with people is far from guaranteed. Smartwatches with cameras haven’t caught on so far, and Apple has already cornered the high-end of the market.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.